According to Healthline, The body is about 60 percent water, which we are constantly losing primarily via urine and sweat. Although the amount of water people need per day is up for debate, studies suggest that adults need nine-16 cups of water per day. If you’ll be participating in activities that can increase dehydration, such as exercise or drinking alcohol, adjust your water intake accordingly to maintain your body’s fluid balance.
Tips For Staying Hydrated:
- Drinking a full glass of water before every meal has been proven to assist weight loss because your body feels fuller.
- To save money on bottled water cost, consider purchasing a reusable water bottle and filling it up yourself.
- A general rule of thumb is the more you sweat, the more water you should drink. It’s important to replenish your body’s fluids. If you need a boost in energy, electrolytes, etc., drink an electrolyte drink such as Gatorade, Powerade, etc. Remember to stay hydrated, especially in the heat, and visit Patient Plus for all of your urgent care needs.
Benefits of Drinking Water:
The benefits of drinking water are seemingly endless. Just to name a few…
- Promotes weight loss
- Flushes out toxins
- Boosts productivity
- Helps hangovers
- Improves skin complexion
- Maintains regularity and assists with digestion issues
- Boosts immune system
- Reduces headaches
- Prevents cramps & sprains
There is no replacement for water when it comes to replenishing your body’s fluids, but eating fruit, and drinking coconut water or sports drinks can also hydrate the body.
The Danger of Dehydration:
According to the Mayo Clinic, “Thirst isn't always a reliable early indicator of the body's need for water. Many people, particularly older adults, don't feel thirsty until they're already dehydrated.”
Symptoms of dehydration can include:
- Urine of low volume or dark color
- Dry skin or lips
Patient Plus Urgent Care – Get in, Get better.
When you’re sick or injured, whether routine or urgent, quality medical care should be easy to find and available when you need it. That’s the idea behind Patient Plus Urgent Care, with convenient locations in Mid City, Bocage and, now, Southdowns.
Patient Plus treats most common illnesses and injuries — the sniffles, rashes, fevers, aches, breaks and other conditions that deserve prompt treatment, but aren’t serious enough to require a trip to the nearest emergency room. The clinics provide complete diagnostic services, including X-rays, EKGs and flu and strep tests. Other services include physicals, vaccinations and more. Patient Plus clinics are open every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and patients never need to call first or make an appointment.